So my doctor told me that I’m so fat that now even my LIVER is fat! I had to go get an ultrasound on my liver, and guess which shirt I wore…
Yep, you guessed it! The My Poor Liver t-shirt!
Luckily the doctor had a sense of humor about it, so that was pretty cool. She asked if I drank too much. I said of course I don’t! Then she asked if I ate a lot of carbs, then I said, “I’m Italian, what do you think?!?! Wassamattafor you, gabagoooool, bahhhh!!”
I guess that’s what I get for growing up with Andre the Giant as one of my heroes. I loved wrestling, and nobody stands out – literally or figuratively – like Andre the Giant.
Imagine if anybody tried to keep up with Andre the Giant in the consumption of anything. BAD IDEA! Just reading this article “Proving that size does matter: wrestling legend Andre the Giant.”
Here are some highlights, or as I will call it – Andre by the numbers:
- “Andre grew to a height of somewhere between 6’11” and 7’5” and a weight of over 500 pounds”
- “Andre might make $15,000-$20,000 for a single appearance at Madison Square Garden” (WAY a lot at the time)
- “it has been estimated that Andre the Giant drank 7,000 calories worth of booze every day.The figure doesn’t include food. Just booze.”
- “His bar bill for the month-long stay (shooting Princess Bride)? Just a shade over $40,000.”
- “You won’t find it in the Guinness Book of World Records, but Andre the Giant holds the world record for the largest number of beers consumed in a single sitting. These were standard 12-ounce bottles of beer, nothing fancy, but during a six-hour period Andre drank 119 of them.”
My poor liver indeed…